We will require some downtime in the near future in order to perform server upgrades and install ssl certificates. We’ve put off making the site secure for too long. We haven’t set a date for this yet, but I suspect it won’t really matter to anyone when we do this exactly, I just want you all to know its coming so that when the site is down you know it was planned and everything is okay…
In order to further the multi-site integration, it has become necessary to not have blog posts on the main site. Therefore we have switched off the ability of registered agents to post on the central site. You can still post articles, poems, blogs, videos, jokes etc to the colour sites, the elemental sites and the ufo site. Plus of course the KIA Egregore site for gathering and egregore related stuff.
Further, we have to move all the existing blogs posts on kiamagic.com to these ‘subsites’. To aid this transition I have created ‘categories’ in the main site named after each of the subsites, plus one for ‘personal site’, and moved all the articles to a suggested category. However there were over 400 blog posts for me to categorise and I may have made mistakes, so I would like to ask each blog author to check their posts and make sure you are happy with the default destination. You can edit existing blogs still and set the category to your prefered subsite.
You can also set the category to ‘personal site’. You will need to let kiabot know which of your subsites to move the article to.
Images and comments will be preserved.
Two of my friends have just discovered that they have been tracked on FB, one of them has worked in high profile security and had the source traced back, the viewer was in the USA. It would seem some kind of campaign is underway to find and affect High energy Hotspots and those involved in such workings. I’m guessing that would involve KIA Agents too.
The tracker was moving through friends lists and targeting those most active in New Worldview activities !
Beginning next week, I will add more works to the Library
bloody hell, I know better than to say stuff like that. Spectacular compupter crash, stuck in reboot loop
fixed now, so all I will say is that I had/have again new stuff to add. and hope Eris didn’t hear me say it, LOL
In recent discussions with other KIA agents, I’ve come to terms with the need for further development of the KIA website. It could be friendlier for mobile devices, phones and tablets for example. It could be easier and more intuitive to navigate. Various people have told me it is like a labyrinth, and perhaps none know this more than myself anyway. It has long been my thought that KIA needs someone with a more intuitive less autistic mind to design a friendlier interface.
My attempt, of changing the links for ‘Network, Wiki, Forum’ into ‘Network, Collaborate, Discuss’, makes the change of using intuitive rather than functional language, but really it is still a menu based on function rather than content. However, I also think that such an intuitive agent probably wouldn’t know where to begin without my giving a structural overview of the site as it stands.
Lets start by looking at the three main links.
Network -> The blogs and subsites. Here agents make posts ranging from an embedded image or youtube video, through poems, notes, diary like entries and accounts of events to fully thought out articles. Other agents usually leave comments. This is probably the bulk of the site and where most of the discussion and interaction happens. It is also where agents send each other private messages, add other agents as friends and manage their profiles.
Collaborate – > The wiki. Here we have collaboratively edited pages, similar to those on wikipedia. Yes, it is currently a bit ugly looking and any future development should prioritise making this part of the site look nicer. Most agents probably use this as reference, if they use it at all. It has lots of interesting content though. Worth keeping and developing in my opinion.
Discuss -> The forum. Dead. Not sure what killed it. Bad interface probably. Maybe it was a mistake to start using bbpress. On the other hand maybe it has been the success of the blogging interface. In any case, I’m not how much of value lies therein. Probably worth keeping as archives, but relegating to a less prominent part of the menu structure and made read only.
At least this is my opinion. As a developer concentrating on just two website platforms will make my job a whole lot easier in the long run, and the less time I have to spend maintaining the site the more time I have to develop it and write new content.
Secondly, a map of what I consider the most important areas:
KIA core sites:
- main site -> the one that collates all the posts from the other sites, along with its own posts for the front page (excluding some sites by that sites admins request). Conceptually the main site also includes the wiki (collaborate) area, even though technically that is different software.
- egregore -> contains the KIA Speaks software and the doll project.
- meta -> discussion about software used/to use.
Chaosphere magic sites:
- Chaosphere magic site collates all the posts from the others…
- Duality sites (Doing magic and being magic sites need setting up)
- Elemental sites (Earth launched, Fire ready to launch, Air and Water need setting up.
- Colour magic sites (Octarine, Black, White, Green, Blue, Purple, Yellow, Red, Orange) -> Open for posting by all agents concerning the theory and practise of the colours of magic. Octarine currently also collates articles from other colours.
Special projects: Technically the chaosphere magic sites are a special project, just a very big one deserving of its own mention because it spans multiple sites and has structure. All agents are free to declare a subsite they start as a special project if they open up posting to multiple agents. Minimum of two agents working together. So far special project sites include:
- UFO Magic (Discussion of UFOnauts, ETs, Ultraterrestrials and the like in magic).
- Alchemical.TV (Magical film project by Anton, Lolita and others)
- When Illuminated Press (Publishing project currently including work from Anton and Spiral (Janice Duke).
- Many agents have personal sites, including myself. Some have more than one. Agent can opt out of them being listed, but by default they appear in a directory.
That is the main structure, but there may also be important pages worth highlighting in a good navigation system. Such as:
Important wiki pages:
- The main wiki page
- The Library
- The list of Articles
- The list of Rituals
- The list of Gatherings
- The list of Projects
Other important pages
- Contact form (yes, we have one of those, and it has proved useful)
- Announcements (currently a list of posts marked with a given post category. Might not be all that useful in current form?
- Manifesto – A page with the orginal KIA manifesto. Possibly better moved to wiki?
- Rules – A page with the current site rules. Probably also better moved to wiki.
- Tools (online cyber magic tools, currently only has link to EnigMagick, also needs KIA Speaks and a link to download chaoshex).
- A tag cloud page.
- A map page. Probably less than useful. Meaningless visitor statistics.
- A page about how to support KIA. Needs work.
- A links page. Needs work. Currently only has our webring memberships…
- A list of help articles.
KIA’s Social media presence currently includes:
- A facebook page
- A tumblr
- A twitter feed
This help article covers posting an article on the main kiamagic.com home page. You can also choose to post in the discussion forum, or on the collaborative wiki. Maybe I or someone else will write future help articles on those options later.
Enter the dashboard by selecting the ‘dashboard’ link near the top left corner of the page.
Optionally select a subsite to make the post on by clicking on ‘My Sites’ in the menu. You may already have navigated on a subsite before clicking dashboard. Make sure you are in the correct subsite before posting. It is possible to move articles later, but its easier if you post in the right place to start with.
Then select the dashboard of the site you wish to post on. You can’t post on all the sites you can see however, as some are private users subsites. However, all users should be able to post on KIA Illuminated Adepts, Black Magic, White Magic, Red Magic, Blue Magic, Orange Magic, Green Magic, Yellow Magic, Purple Magic, Octarine Magic, KIA Egregore and UFO mysteries. Posts from each site appear with a different colour on the home page.
Once you have selected the subsite you wish to post on, select ‘Add New’ under posts. To finish editing a draft of an article you started writing earlier, select ‘All Posts’ and find your draft from the list.
Give you post a descriptive title. This helps KIABot calculate related articles.
Please select ‘Choose from the most used tags’ and select any commonly used tags that apply to your post. Also add any new tags as you see fit. Whilst you can tick multiple categories for a post, try to select one on most sites. If you are posting on your own subsite, do what you will, but on the main site in particular it becomes less than useful if everyone spams their post across all categories.
On the main site:
- Help: use this category only for tutorial articles like this one.
- Announcements: use this to notify other site participants of events, new book releases, on topic news, new discoveries, new websites and new projects.
- Articles: use this to post an article on a given subject.
- Dreams: use this to share records of dreamwork, and dream inspired art and stories, etc.
- Entheogens: use this to share entheogenic experiences, articles and other resources related to entheogens and the psychonautic paths.
- Memories: recollections from the past.
- News: Similar to announcements, but perhaps with a more journalistic flavour? I dunno, maybe these categories should be merged..
- Poetry: Poetry and song lyrics.
- Reviews: Review of books, films, tarot card, plays, events, cds etc.
- Technology: Posts relating to the ways in which technology impacts our enlightment. Both positively and negatively. That sort of thing.
- Videos: Combine this with one of the other tags if your post contains a video, such as a youtube embed.
- stuff: If you make a post that doesn’t fit any of the above categories, mark it as stuff.
On the colour magic sites:
- Artefacts: Posts that contain images of servitors, sigils, altars and other stuff you’ve created or found that relate to that colour of magic. The artefact doesn’t have to be that colour. It may relate to it symbolically.
- Practise: Rituals and practical exercises relating to that colour of magic.
- Theory: Articles relating to that colour of magic.
On the KIA Egregore site:
- Flow: Information about KIA gatherings, both notifications of upcoming gatherings and accounts of past gatherings. Also stories of interaction with the Egregore in various ways.
- Form: Images of forms given to the KIA Egregore by various participants. Both physical and virtual.
On the UFO mysteries site:
- Experience: Accounts of actual experiences of contact with alien intelligence, and unexplained phenomena.
- Explore: Exporation of ideas and theories relating to such experiences.
When your post is ready, click the ‘ublish’ button. If it isn’t finished but you want to save it so you can finish later, click ‘Save Draft’. When you publish, you have the option of broadcasting the post to the kiamagic twitter account. Please do so. Edit the default tweet as you see fit, but leave in the url unchanged.
The third party plugin I was using for Video embeds has started conflicting with other plugins on the site, so I have had to turn it off. This means videos in posts won’t be working for a while. The bug was causing a potential security exploit.
My plan now is to fork the plugin and make it safe. Hopefully I’ll have them all back up shortly…
So you’ve seen others on the site include images in their comments and would like to do the same. But how? Follow these simple steps and you too can share images in the kiamagic.com discussions.
The Easiest Way
The very easiest way just appends your image to the end of your comment. It is available to everyone and isn’t permissions dependent. Just click the Browse button beneath the comment form to attach an image…
The Easy Way
Another easy way, slightly more versatile, allows you to attach an image file to your comment by clicking the Add Media button and selecting an image. This is currently only available to those with author permision or above on the given subsite. In addition only editors and admin of the subsite the blog was posted on, plus the author of the original post can upload a new image. Other authors can only select from the image library. For now.
Upload an image or select one from the media library
The Add Media button takes you to the media selection menu, where you can select a previously uploaded image from the library, or choose to upload a new one. You can also select some resizing options or choose to display the image full size.
Once you are done, click the Insert into post button.
Finish editing the comment.
Your cursor will now be below the image, and you can continue typing, editing and formatting the comment. You could even include another image!
Submit your comment as normal, by pressing the Post Comment button.
Admire the glorious image in your post
The Hard Way
Those methods are both so easy. So why would you want to do it the hard way? You wouldn’t. I mean really you don’t want to bother. Its not worth it.
But if you insist, you can do it with bbcode. If you aren’t hacker enough to use bbcode, don’t worry about it and use one of the easy methods. If you are, you can do something like img=Alt text for my image]http://some.url/of/an/image.png[/img. You will have needed to have uploaded the image somewhere and obtained its url. You can do this for images in the media library of any subsite on KIA by looking at its properties…
If you don’t have one yet, you’ll need an invite code. I suggest ‘Hail Eris’. Then you need to go to the registration page and enter it. The rest of the sign up process should be self explanatory.
Once you have an account, this article will look different…
added to Anarchy section of KIA Library
Towards Anarchism by: Errico Malatestahttp://kiamagic.com/wiki/index.php/Towards_Anarchism
What is Authority? by Mikhail Bakuninhttp://kiamagic.com/wiki/index.php/What_is_Authority%3F