This help article covers posting an article on the main kiamagic.com home page. You can also choose to post in the discussion forum, or on the collaborative wiki. Maybe I or someone else will write future help articles on those options later.
Enter the dashboard by selecting the ‘dashboard’ link near the top left corner of the page.
Optionally select a subsite to make the post on by clicking on ‘My Sites’ in the menu. You may already have navigated on a subsite before clicking dashboard. Make sure you are in the correct subsite before posting. It is possible to move articles later, but its easier if you post in the right place to start with.
Then select the dashboard of the site you wish to post on. You can’t post on all the sites you can see however, as some are private users subsites. However, all users should be able to post on KIA Illuminated Adepts, Black Magic, White Magic, Red Magic, Blue Magic, Orange Magic, Green Magic, Yellow Magic, Purple Magic, Octarine Magic, KIA Egregore and UFO mysteries. Posts from each site appear with a different colour on the home page.
Once you have selected the subsite you wish to post on, select ‘Add New’ under posts. To finish editing a draft of an article you started writing earlier, select ‘All Posts’ and find your draft from the list.
Give you post a descriptive title. This helps KIABot calculate related articles.
Please select ‘Choose from the most used tags’ and select any commonly used tags that apply to your post. Also add any new tags as you see fit. Whilst you can tick multiple categories for a post, try to select one on most sites. If you are posting on your own subsite, do what you will, but on the main site in particular it becomes less than useful if everyone spams their post across all categories.
On the main site:
- Help: use this category only for tutorial articles like this one.
- Announcements: use this to notify other site participants of events, new book releases, on topic news, new discoveries, new websites and new projects.
- Articles: use this to post an article on a given subject.
- Dreams: use this to share records of dreamwork, and dream inspired art and stories, etc.
- Entheogens: use this to share entheogenic experiences, articles and other resources related to entheogens and the psychonautic paths.
- Memories: recollections from the past.
- News: Similar to announcements, but perhaps with a more journalistic flavour? I dunno, maybe these categories should be merged..
- Poetry: Poetry and song lyrics.
- Reviews: Review of books, films, tarot card, plays, events, cds etc.
- Technology: Posts relating to the ways in which technology impacts our enlightment. Both positively and negatively. That sort of thing.
- Videos: Combine this with one of the other tags if your post contains a video, such as a youtube embed.
- stuff: If you make a post that doesn’t fit any of the above categories, mark it as stuff.
On the colour magic sites:
- Artefacts: Posts that contain images of servitors, sigils, altars and other stuff you’ve created or found that relate to that colour of magic. The artefact doesn’t have to be that colour. It may relate to it symbolically.
- Practise: Rituals and practical exercises relating to that colour of magic.
- Theory: Articles relating to that colour of magic.
On the KIA Egregore site:
- Flow: Information about KIA gatherings, both notifications of upcoming gatherings and accounts of past gatherings. Also stories of interaction with the Egregore in various ways.
- Form: Images of forms given to the KIA Egregore by various participants. Both physical and virtual.
On the UFO mysteries site:
- Experience: Accounts of actual experiences of contact with alien intelligence, and unexplained phenomena.
- Explore: Exporation of ideas and theories relating to such experiences.
When your post is ready, click the ‘ublish’ button. If it isn’t finished but you want to save it so you can finish later, click ‘Save Draft’. When you publish, you have the option of broadcasting the post to the kiamagic twitter account. Please do so. Edit the default tweet as you see fit, but leave in the url unchanged.